COMET™ - Free Webinar
Attend a Free COMET™ Webinar to Learn More...
CORMETECH offers informative webinars for power plant operators interested in learning more about COMET™.
In our webinar you will learn:
- Key differences and tradeoffs in controlling NOx versus HgOx
- Equations for calculating Hg oxidation activity
- SCR design considerations for maximizing Hg oxidation
- Hg testing options and typical response curves
- Importance of trilateral data validation for Hg management
This webinar will equip you to develop a solid SCR strategy to manage your plant's NOx emissions while also meeting the new MATS requirements. The result will be a cost effective strategy that leverages the co-benefits produced by your existing SCR and wet-FGD to meet emerging air emissions regulations.
Email us today if you are interested in attending this webinar and one of our team members will schedule you for the next available seminar.
MATS requires all power plants to reduce hazardous air pollutants, including mercury. Power plants are the largest source of several toxic air pollutants and are responsible for 50% of the mercury emissions in the U.S. Even though half the power plants in the U.S .are equipped with pollution control devices, many have not created a cost effective SCR management plan. A well-defined SCR catalyst management strategy will maximize your catalyst life cycle by simultaneously controlling NOx, SOx, ammonia slip, and mercury emissions while simultaneously minimizing overall operating costs.
This informative webinar by CORMETECH addresses the following questions:
- What is the current mercury oxidation potential of your SCR catalyst?
- What mercury oxidation potential is required across your SCR system to achieve MATS compliance?
- How do catalyst layer interactions impact mercury oxidation?
- How do you optimize catalyst replacement intervals to increase NOx reduction and mercury oxidation potential?
- How will your SCR mercury oxidation potential change when a layer of catalyst is replaced or regenerated?
- How do you reliably predict SCR mercury oxidation over time?
- How do you run your unit to maximize both NOx reduction and Hg oxidation?
This webinar will prepare you to develop a solid SCR strategy to manage NOx emissions while also conforming to the new MATS requirements by leveraging the mercury removal co-benefits from your SCR and wet-FGD.
EMail us today to reserve a spot in our next webinar.